Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Problems, Problems and ETC


I can never seem to bring this blog up to post to, for some strange reason. I can get to my other blog, The House On the Hill with no problem. This one is impossible to bring up which makes it difficult to update.


It's garden time and cleaning time and picnic time and time for all the good things that don't seem to happen in the winter. I am like the proverbial chicken with my head cut off, running from one thing to another, never finishing one task because I keep starting new ones.


In a weak moment, I bought a 6 pack of canned chicken [white meat] at Sam's Club awhile back. After making a half way decent dip with a can, I decided another 6 pack would be a great idea so now I have 11 cans sitting in the too full pantry.


I spent some time googling recipe sites for chicken salads and finally decided to make up my own, using chicken, light mayo, chopped celery a firm apple or pear and chunks of pineapple. I will add some curry powder and maybe a tiny bit of pineapple juice to the mayo.
I am thinking that there might be another tasty addition but can't think what it might be. maybe at the Father's day Picnic, I will ask for ideas from my family of very accomplished cooks. I think I will try it out here before I make a ton for the party. besides, I have to take my big bowl of potato salad..everyone likes it and I never have it exactly the same no matter how hard I try!


No comments: